As we continue to spend the summer amid the Pandemic and with very limited travel, we have found travel-themed subscription boxes to be one of the most effective ways to satisfy our wanderlust.
Here are some of the best travel-themed subscription boxes that you can have delivered right to your doorsteps!
GlobeIn is a member of the Fair Trade Federation. The monthly subscription boxes feature exclusive, handcrafted products from global artisans. Each box is curated around a monthly theme to bring you exciting products that make you feel well traveled and connected with distant cultures around the world.
You can choose from several themed boxes each month. Each box is delivered with a booklet that not only describes the product details (what it is made of, where it is made, etc.), but also tells you exactly who the artisan(s) behind the handcraft is and how your purchase directly positively impacts their lives. The powerful stories will make you want to continue to support this fair-trade company.
Starting at $40.00 (monthly subscription)
OuiPlease is a bi-monthly French luxury subscription box ideal for any Francophile. Every OuiPlease box features a unique selection of 10 to 12 full-sized French products from apparel, epicure, beauty, jewelry, accessories, and home decor. More than $300 worth of luxury items is carefully chosen and reviewed by a team of French influencers.
Starting at $150.00 (bi-monthly subscription)
The Wordy Traveler is a luxury quarterly subscription box perfect for the adventurous bookworm who wants to be transported to a different place around the world with each read. You can choose from Fiction and Non-Fiction as well as Backpacker Edition (one book) or The Full Suitcase (3 books).
Each box also comes with ethically sourced tea from the featured region. You can feel good about your purchases as it supports charities that provide education and medical care for women and girls across the globe.
Starting at $49.99 (quarterly subscription)
Explore a Local Box is a monthly subscription box that focuses on a different city around the USA and curates food items and locally made products. They strive to include products from small businesses and local artisans that would otherwise be difficult to attain in your local stores.
It’s a great way to bring the taste of a city into your homes.
Starting at $39.99 (monthly subscription)
Try the World is perfect for a foodie; it is a curated selection of global gourmet foods that include ingredients to cook with, drinks, and snacks.
They offer two types of subscription:
- countries – seven to eight international gourmet delicacies
- snacks – six non GMO snacks from six countries
Food is a vital element of travel, and when you can’t experience it out there, having it come to you is the next best thing!
Starting at $39.00 (monthly subscription)
Yummy Bazaar is another around the world gourmet subscription box that focuses on food. They offer four monthly gourmet boxes:
- France Box – “From Nice to Provence, from Paris to Montelimar… this box will take you on a culinary trip through all of France’s renowned delights, such as herbes de Provence, fleur de sel, nougat, mustard, honey & more! With France’s fine foods, you’ll be saying c’est delicieux!”
- Italy Box – “Ciao Italy! From Venice to Florence, from Rome to Calabria, experience the best of Italy from turron, pasta, soda, chocolate, biscuits and more. You will explore some of the best Italian culinary traditions and flavors. This box is your first-class ticket to Italy!”
- Germany Box – “Guten Tag! Experience authentic German essentials all in one box. From quintessential German baking ingredients to classic sausage to schnitzel, sauce, pickles, snacks and more, this German Experience Box will give you the best taste of Germany.”
- World Box – “Bring some of the best tastes of the world to your table and enjoy all the flavors that are offered! From snacks to beverage to cooking ingredients, you will experience a curated selection of hard-to-find gourmet goods from around the world.”
Starting at $35.99 (monthly subscription)
Many of the boxes are currently unavailable, but you can contact them at email@example.com regarding availability.
Little Passports is perfect for the little adventurers in your life. They offer an array of creative and fun ways to explore the world designed specifically for kids in mind. They offer five types of subscription boxes:
- World Edition (ages 6 – 10 years) – Little Passport characters Sam and Sofia travel to a new country every month.
- USA Edition (ages 7 – 12 years) – Little Passport characters Sam and Sofia travel to two new states every month.
- Early Explorers (ages 3 – 5 years) – Little Passport characters Max, Mia and their dog Toby, travel around the world exploring a different theme each month.
- Science Junior (ages 5 – 8 years) – Little Passport characters Sam and Sofia reveal the mysteries of the world through science experiments and activities.
- Science Expeditions (ages 9+) – Little Passport characters Sam and Sofia reveal the mysteries of the world through science experiments and activities.
Starting at $15.95 (monthly subscription)
We hope this inspires you to try out one or more of these subscription boxes. All of these boxes off month-to-month, 3-months, 6-months, and annual subscription options. You can cancel anytime (see details specific to each box).
Until travel can resume to some form of normalcy, may these subscription boxes fulfill your wanderlust for the moment!