Welcome to the January and February edition of our monthly series, Favorites, Recommendations & Coveted Item, where we share our favorite travel products that we’re loving each month. January and February have been super rushed for us, we’ve had so much happen and so little time to document it all. We went on two big trips and the climates were polar opposites, from the warm of the Caribbean islands to the winter wonderland of the Canadian Rockies. As a result, we decided to combine the our favorite products from the two months together in one post. Enjoy!
Nothing is more of a life saver in the cold than trusty hand warmers, but be aware, they are not all effective. These 10 hour hand warmers by HotHands are brilliant! They actually last longer than any of the other ones we’ve used in the past. We used a pair a day and never had to worry about replacing them.
Available for purchase on Amazon.
Travelon Stop & Lock Luggage Scale
Having a handy luggage scale is useful and a must have in our opinion. Too often we see our family and friends show up at the airport with luggage just too heavy to be accepted by the airlines without additional fee. In fact, it’s happened to us a couple of times too. So, we decided to get a luggage scale because standing on a regular scale and deducting your weight from the combined weight was more than often inaccurate.
Now, we know what you’re probably thinking — why wouldn’t we just get a digital scale? The answer: batteries. We’ve had digital scales before but sooner or later, they need battery replacements and truth be told, we are horrible at replacing them. It always gets put on the back burner because we inevitably never have the right battery size laying around the house. So, we decided to go for this super cheap, easy to use, manual scale.
Available for purchase on Amazon.
Obsessed. Obsessed. Obsessed.
This blanket was a gift and it is SO soft, SO warm, SO comfy, SO plush; if you can’t tell already, we love it! We live in the east coast and our winters are generally cold, and this blanket was suffice on most nights! It won’t disappoint. It makes for a really great gift too. They come in a few different designs and three sizes, a small, a medium (the size of airplane blankets) and a large. We have the medium but will be grabbing a large one off the site relatively soon.
Price: starting at $39.99
Available for purchase at Airportag.
Lush Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner
Now before you dub this as a woman’s only product, let’s remind ourselves that EVERYONE wants soft skin! This product is really good! After washing with your favorite soap/body wash, apply this conditioner all over (especially in places where you may not always moisturize or have rough skin), and rinse off. Voila! Soft skin that you can feel instantly. For the fellas who have no desire to smell like a rose, the range includes other scents which may be more to your liking. But take it from us, the scent does not linger nearly as long as the smoothness does. So you’re good either way.
Price: starting at $35.95
Available for purchase at Lush.
We talked about this in our packing essentials for winter destination post, but we really really want to recommend this again this month. We’ve been using it for two months and we are so grateful for it! It makes taking photos on the phone a much more beautiful process. We have the 4-in-1 lenses, which include a Fisheye, Wide-Angle, Macro 10x and 15x. It’s lightweight, user-friendly and comes with three wearable pendants so its easily accessible when you’re on the go.
Available for purchase at Olloclip, Apple and Amazon.
DJI Osmo Mobile Gimbal
We’ve had our eyes on this beauty for a little while now and should have this in our possession sooner than later. If you’re not sure what this device does, here’s what DJI and Apple have to say about it:
- Automatic Panorama mode makes shooting 360° panoramas easier than ever. Just hold the Osmo up above your head and tap the shutter button. The camera will rotate, capturing images as it goes while staying completely level. (DJI)
- Motion without blur. Action shots without shake. Perfect video even when you move. Advanced technologies designed to keep the camera flat no matter how you move it, the DJI Osmo helps you record videos and take photos like never before. (DJI)
- Osmo helps you record the passage of time more easily than ever. Whether standing still for a stationary timelapse, or moving through your world for a hyperlapse, you can create smooth videos automatically and easily without a tripod. (DJI)
- Take long exposure shots with absolute crispness and sharpness, even without a tripod. The stabilization system in the Osmo keeps the camera totally still so you can freehand capture stills of up to 2 seconds. With practice, you can get even longer shots. Now you can capture night time cityscapes, or blur out your subject’s background the moment inspiration strikes. (DJI)
- It automatically tracks your subject, captures stunning motion timelapses, or even streams a moment live around the globe. (Apple)
- ActiveTrack technology built into the DJI GO app allows the OSMO Mobile to automatically keep your iPhone facing you as you move. You no longer have to choose between recording a moment or taking part in it. (Apple)
- OSMO Mobile smooths and even cancels out the movements you make, stopping camera shake and turning every shot into cinematic video. (Apple)
Available for purchase at Apple, DJI, and Amazon.
Hope you enjoyed this month’s series and found it helpful! See you next month with more favorites, recommendations and coveted item. Till then, Happy Shopping and Happy Travels!
Disclaimer: We are not sponsored by any of these brands, we simply suggest the items we use and love.